VCU's professional service helps you to maximize your disability compensation and provide a range of resources to assist in your case with the US Department of Veterans Affairs. Below is our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you don't find the answer you're looking for, please don't hesitate to contact us. We will respond within 24 hours.

We pride ourselves in aiding and educating Veterans on how to maximize the benefits they deserve with the VA. Veterans Claims United has a success rate of 90% + in cases previously denied with the VA. We have an 85% success rate for veterans who increased their rating from 0% to 100% permanent and total.

We are as real as our passion to serve. Veterans Claims United is an independent third-party claims agent. We are not an accredited VSO or law firm, so we cannot appear on your behalf in front of a VA board, but we can legally advise and educate you on the best way to maximize your VA disability benefits. Because we are an independent entity, we can advocate for Veterans solely and completely.

VCU and its team are overwhelmed with the alarming number of Veterans who are not receiving benefits. We cannot force the VA to process your claim faster, but we can advise and ensure the the loopholes and processes that often hold up Veteran claims are avoided.

To get started with your journey in claiming your benefits, schedule a free 30-minute evaluation call with one of our Veterans Specialists.

You might have filed in the past and got denied, initiated a claims appeal, or have never filed a claim. Not a problem. This time, we will walk you through the claim process every step of the way.

Yes, VCU is here to cater to your needs. A Veterans Specialist will be assigned to you who will take you step by step through the claims process. Schedule a free 30-minute call now with a Veterans Specialist.

Your eligibility for most VA benefits is based on an honorable discharge from active military service. Active service means full-time service as a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Space Force or as a commissioned officer of the Public Health Service, the Environmental Services Administration or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Should you meet the time-in-service and other criteria, we can help you assess if you are eligible for disability benefits. 

There are certain boards that can only be represented by accredited lawyers. VCU can connect you to legitimate and reliable VA disability lawyers. It is our goal to get you approved before needing the help of accredited lawyers.

You may be eligible for certain benefits based on your military service. The following is a summary of some of the major Veteran benefits and what you need to know about them:

Veteran Disability Compensation

Veterans with a service-related disability and an “other than dishonorable” discharge can qualify for a monthly tax-free VA Disability Compensation benefit. You could be paid more if you have very severe disabilities or loss of limb(s), you have a spouse, child(ren) or dependent parent(s), you have a seriously disabled spouse, or if you are considered unemployable due to your disability.

Service Connected Disability Compensation Benefits

The disability rating for this benefit is based on the degree of the current disability where monthly payments made to Veterans, and, in some cases, their families. Should the Veteran show that this disability is related to an injury or event in service, you are entitled to compensation, however, you do not have to be completely disabled to receive compensation benefits.

Non-service Connected Pension Services

Regardless of whether the disability was service connected, for servicemen who served in a period of war, the VA allows non-service connected pension benefit claims. This Veteran’s benefit is income and asset tested and only applies to those wartime Veterans who do not have significant income and assets and are completely disabled.

If you are applying for a VA benefit for the first time you must submit the following:

— A copy of your discharge paperwork, (DD-214)
— Pertinent information including your full name, Social Security Number, branch and dates of service
— Any medical evidence (both military and civilian) if available but not necessary